A week after announcing the expansion of their cinema brand to Hong Kong, CJ E&M announced this week that it is establish a production unit in Turkey.

The new unit will produce, distribute and market films in the local market as well as produce South Korea-Turkey co-productions. Following its expansion strategy in Southeast Asia, CJ will start in Turkey with remakes of their properties.

The unit’s first project – expected to begin filming in June – is Hot, Sweet & Sour, a local remake of its South Korea-China co-produced melodrama A Wedding Invitation (分手合約). Directed by South Korea’s Oh Ki-hwan, the film starred Bai Baihe as a woman who receives an invitation to the wedding of her first love, not knowing that he has another plan up his sleeves. The film is co-produced by CJ and Turkish production company BKM.

The company is also planning a Turkish remake of its hit fantasy comedy Miss Granny (수상한 그녀). The film has already been remade in Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand. An Indonesian version is set for release in June, while English- and Spanish-language versions are already in the works.

It’s been a big week for announcements from CJ E&M. In addition to the Turkey announcement, the South Korean conglomerate also announced that it is bringing its patented Screen X technology to Japan’s United Cinema and that it has signed a deal with Europe’s Pathe Cinemas to build 30 more 4DX cinemas by 2020.

Last April, CJ CGV purchased a 38% stake in Turkey’s Mars Entertainment cinema chain and agreed to manage it on behalf of unnamed investors who purchased the remaining 62%.